Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > Xtreme Cooling
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Xtreme Cooling LN2, Dry Ice, Peltiers, etc... All the usual suspects

Unread 07-04-2001, 02:58 PM   #1
SniperLG
Cooling Neophyte

Default Help me please

I decided to move past air cooling because of the heat problems I've been having lately. So I decided to do a water cooled peltier setup. I'm not familiar with electrical terms and was wondering if an Enermax EG651P-VE 650w max power supply would be able to power all that I have. It would be powering all the computer components (1.333 Ghz T-bird, Hard Drive, CDRW, a cold cathode light from pcmods.com, a couple 120mm fans and a Geforce ultra) and the cooling system (a 172w pelt for the cpu and a 80w pelt for the geforce ultra). The water pump won't be supplied power from the PS. And if this 650w PS isn't enough, what could I use to power all this without two power supplies...my Enlight case is already tiny. I just wanted to run my watercooling system by you guys to see if you had an suggestions. I'm gonna use a HWLabs Black Ice Radiator, a Danger Den Maze2-1 and copper video card cooler, a 250gph MagDrive with a 4X4X4 in. reservoir and a 120mm Sanyo fan to cool the radiator. The whole system will be 3/8" tubing. Should I get a 350gph magdrive instead? Please give me some suggestions. Thanks.
SniperLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2001, 09:59 PM   #2
resago
Cooling Savant

that PS is only enough to power your system + 156watt pelt. which isn't enough on any athlon greater than 1 ghz.

that is the biggest PS I know of.

use plain water cooling on your cpu, your golden on the pelt for your video card.

still running 2000!!!!

Help with Coding
www.resago.com
resago is offline   Reply With Quote