Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 07-20-2002, 07:46 AM   #26
JimS
Cooling Savant

The difference is actually 1/16" which can be substantial in terms of flow and tubing size that will fit.
JimS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2002, 07:57 AM   #27
DarkEdge
Cooling Savant

Quote:
ok , that's fine.. in those cases , but , what about the fact that the lack of cooling space , in contact with the cpu , getting hot? and the fact that the lucite , touches those areas as well as the ones that are cooled by water.. that was the problem in my case.. I'm sure if i turned my pc off every night nothing would happen , but my maze 3 bubbled up in a week , no pump failure , and i don't run pelt..
That would explain what happend to my Maze3 that I bought. We never came to that conclusion when I posted a month ago when my system was hosed.

I personally don't think you can gripe about DangerDen, or any other watercooling company that has the support equal to their level. You have to remember watercooling is a hobby/enthusiast activity. You take a risk when watercooling, its not safe at all. Its 90% safe if set up right, but something can always happen. I honestly have to say to don't watercool if you can't afford/deal with your system being hosed. Stick with aircooling if thats your situation.
DarkEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2002, 08:38 AM   #28
Malchira
Cooling Neophyte

From Danger Den's front page, dated July 17th: "We do have the Black Ice Micro radiators in. And these are the first 3/8" OD ones available."

Maybe they edited the post, but they don't claim to be the first to offer a modified Micro, just the first to offer a 3/8" version. Since SysFx's is 5/16", there's no conflict there.

3/8" is also bigger than 5/16", for whoever's bad at math.
Malchira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2002, 02:13 PM   #29
bikr
Cooling Savant

Yah , I used to talk on oh2600, and #2600.. =).. i'm in florida now .. haven't been on 2600 in a while... =)
bikr is offline   Reply With Quote