Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 09-22-2004, 11:09 AM   #26
bobkoure
Cooling Savant

OK, well I feel like a dummy, too - I'd started out to make the point that davidzo might have wrong data about tubing because he was looking at the wrong manufacturer's web page. Somehow I ended up going on about Speedfits and forgot the original point (duh!).
Anyway, I take it from your comment that they actually are speedfits...?
bobkoure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2004, 11:58 AM   #27
BillA
CoolingWorks Tech Guy
Formerly "Unregistered"

no intention to flame (calling names ?), but I'm willing to apply some heat

"Swiftech uses hardened PVC Tubes, which are different to those you can get in a simple hardwarestore."

this is INCORRECT, its from a reputable mfgr - but it sure is vinyl

so where does this leave your initial observations ?
if you are familiar with inserts, what is their purpose ?
and ?
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2004, 08:23 PM   #28
bobkoure
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidzo
legris invented this type of fittingst. But there are thousands of other manufacturers produce fittings similar to this ones
I have no idea who invented this particular type of fitting, but... you think they're all the same? I would guess that even if the basic mechanism is the same there would be differences in material (mostly significant in o-ring and locking teeth), dimensions (how far in a piece of tubing is pushed in, for instance) and in general tolerances.
I am of course willing to defer to your superior information in this area if you know so much about both legris and john guest as to be able to make a "they're exactly the same" statement - but I would expect a bit more to back it up than "I have had more of these in my hands than you have". If you were a plumber, say, and pushed thousands of these on copper pipe, I'm still not sure that would qualify you to make a comparative engineering statement.
Not trying to give you a hard time, but one of the things that makes procooling a great forum is that there are questions raised whenever there's a statement made that either doesn't have enough to back it up - or if it runs contrary to someone's actual real-world experience. (Bill gets the "grumpy" reputation because he has a lot of that experience and sometimes is tired of saying stuff over and over). Anyway, the questioning gives you a better chance of having trustworthy data.
bobkoure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2004, 10:12 AM   #29
BillA
CoolingWorks Tech Guy
Formerly "Unregistered"

I suspect more second hand BS, else why not substantiate ?
now there is another 'expert' mumbling about the poor rep that JG push-in connectors have "in industry"

well, Swiftech does indeed qualify as "industry"
I did some checking and I was wrong, Swiftech has sold many hundreds of thousands of these connectors
and ?
ONE leak due to a missing o-ring, several due to the failure to use an insert (aka follow instructions)

these are low pressure connectors
5 psi seem like low pressure ?
-> fitness for purpose
BTW, not all gravy, mediocre seal with negative pressure
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote