Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 12-26-2002, 12:29 AM   #26
pippin88
Cooling Savant

I'll be trying to line up the pump so it lines up better, hopefully only one elbow on the Outlet side, and a straght run to the 3 taps.

Im going to grab a PVC or Copper elbow (Probably PVE due to cost of copper) and goop it onto the pump intake. I'll cap off the other end and glue a barb/spigot into it. This is if I cant get the fiddling with the pump right.

Would it be better to use a short lenght of PVC on the pump, so that the Inlet is not resticted by anything?

Also I popped down to the truck shop down the road. They wanted $10 ($5 US) for a little 45° male - female adaptor. (Was going to put on GPU block
pippin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2002, 11:34 AM   #27
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

I'd use a socket-to-thread adaptor (PVC), then screw in a reducer to whatever size hose you use.

That's what I did with my airtrap, and it worked great! It was a cinch to convert from 1/2 to 3/4.
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2002, 06:01 PM   #28
pippin88
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by bigben2k
I'd use a socket-to-thread adaptor (PVC), then screw in a reducer to whatever size hose you use.

That's what I did with my airtrap, and it worked great! It was a cinch to convert from 1/2 to 3/4.
Alright, Hope its not hard to get that size stuff.

Another Option I just thought of for this sort of stuff is those electrical boxes that are often used for underground or on fences. Little white things designed to accept conduit and have a screw on lid.

Come in T shapes as well as straight through for joins etc. You join the pump to the screw on lid/access thing.
Unread 12-29-2002, 02:39 AM   #29
pippin88
Cooling Savant

I did a test today.

Undid everything, and setup the whole system using no elbows. The pipe length might be double approx.

No change in temp.

I think my Rad airflow is seriously hapering performance, as even 1.8V (Tbred) with a C5 is pushing my cooling ability. So Im going to redo the shroud and also test with two fans in a push pull config.