Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 07-20-2002, 06:14 AM   #1
Jimbo
Cooling Neophyte

Default Pump Wiring..a little long

Trying to solder my pump into the connections on my PSU. I solder well, but I'm a little lost with the line colors. I read over an article posted by pH and I need some help.

I have a Macron MPT-400, 400Watt PSU that I'm having a hard time finding specifications for and unfortunately I don't have access to a multimeter this weekend.

In the attached picture, I know that green is ground, but with black and brown commonly being Live, how can I determine which one is neutral? Also...what the heck is that additional power unit off the plug? Should I be soldering to the connections labeled 1 or 2?

Additionally, I haven't hacked into my Eheim pump cord yet, can anyone tell me ahead of time, that color those lines are and what they correspond to? Thanks all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg psu2.jpg (50.9 KB, 96 views)
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2002, 07:02 AM   #2
Volenti
Cooling Savant

Solder to connection "1", and don't worry about active and neutral, it won't make any difference in this case.

[edit] conn 1 will have the pump on whenever the psu is plugged in, that what you want? you using a relay ect?

Last edited by Volenti; 07-20-2002 at 07:04 AM.
Volenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2002, 07:48 AM   #3
JimS
Cooling Savant

Keep and eye on your voltages after you do this wiring method. When I tried the direct PSU wiring approach, all my voltages dropped significantly according to MBM.

IMHO a relay is a better way to do it.
JimS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2002, 07:49 AM   #4
JimS
Cooling Savant

Good article HERE on how to do a relay.
JimS is offline   Reply With Quote