Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > Xtreme Cooling
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Xtreme Cooling LN2, Dry Ice, Peltiers, etc... All the usual suspects

Unread 04-25-2003, 05:28 PM   #1
Jackyl
Cooling Neophyte

Default Vapochil/Liquid/TEcs HELP!!!!

I have a vapochill that I made a custom aluminum chasis for. The mobo lays on it's back. Directly above it on the right side is the vapochill. on the left side is the resivor/pump and radiator. Pretty soon here I will be getting a P4 800fsb "not sure on speed as of yet" and a Gigabyte 8KNXP, and I have a Gainward G4 TI4600 that I want to voltage mode and possibly add pelts to it. I was water cooling it in the last config "Abit TH7-II v-modded mem/cpu/1.6a@2.8/ocz 1066 rdram" but that didn't do what I wanted so I decided to redo the whole thing. I'm fed up with using the vapochill for just cooling the cpu. as swapping boards is a pain in the ass. So I'm going to take a copper slug mill a radius into it so it fits onto the side of my resivor wich is aluminum then mount the evaporator onto that. The vapochill will be cooling the resivor in return cooling the liquid inside. Then I want to run blocks on the cpu/gpu/chipset and possibly the memory if everything go correctly. And this will all be run in parralel just because that is how I want to do it. each block getting it's send and receive lines.

My question is. I'm a noob when it comes to tecs. I know a little bit about them but I'm not confident enought to buy one and a dedicated psu for it. I know that you need a cold plate and closed cell foam and a psu that will sustain the power to it. I wanted to put a pelt on the cpu and video card. but I'm not sure what size or where to get them from.

Here are some pics so you guys know I'm for real and not just another noob trying to walk the walk and talk the talk.

I'm very sure that I will have to insulate all the lines and the bocks on everything because of the temp that the vapochill will be getting the liquid. Now to find a Liquid combination that will withstand the downward degrees that the vapochill will get it to.
Jackyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2003, 03:17 AM   #2
Jackyl
Cooling Neophyte

Ok, Now do you guys think that I will need tecs in this system if I'm using a vapochill to cool the liquid in the resivor ?
Unread 05-02-2003, 09:52 AM   #3
8-Ball
Cooling Savant

I don't think a vapochill could cope with the heatload of TECs in addition to the cpu northbridge and GPU. Has something like a 200W capacity. Fine for just a cpu, but you will already be pushing it to it's limits with three blocks, so adding TECs would be too much.

8-ball

READ ALL OF THIS!!!!
8-Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2003, 10:36 AM   #4
punish3r
Cooling Neophyte

Agreed. given its diminutive size, your vapochill would probably be incapable of sinking that much heat. But, without a spec sheet or a model # it's merely an estimate based on size.
Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear.
-Thomas Jefferson
punish3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2003, 07:20 PM   #5
Jackyl
Cooling Neophyte

Well it is a first gen vapochill and without a load it gets to -34c with a load it will get to -20-18c with a 1.6a@2.8 on a Th7-II that is the last time I have used the unit.

so you guys think that just using this to cool the water in the resivor would be the best bet. I will be running everyting in parralel not series.
Unread 05-06-2003, 03:18 AM   #6
Jackyl
Cooling Neophyte

The vapochill is able to disapate 100watts of thermal engery. according to the vapochill forum guys. I guys I should have went there first huh