I'm not aware of any "quickly dead motors"
got some examples ?
Bigfoot: DDC Problems...
http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=11332

http://www.cooling-masters.com/forum...ic=1446&st=650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laing
Hi David,
Thanks a lot, we all are ok at Laing Company.
Answering your questions, I have to say that we, when we started with DDC sales in Europe, we had a few claims with starting problems.
There was a microprogramming failure in the first 200 pumps we've sent out, what caused, in few cases, the problems that you described.
We changed the claimed pumps and didn't hear any longer from problems (Even if there are users that report of improved running characteristics in combination with water additives. But as I mentioned, that's not our experience).
Since that time (from series no: 3166546) we don't have any problems, except those circumstances, where the user not is able to remove air from his system, or the water trap is not enough, what enables the pump to aspirate air from the expansion tank.
In industrial applications, the people spend a lot of elaborateness to this point ( in Apple systems there are no claims, seeing more than 150000 units).
On this account, we got some pumps back, though there was no failure identifiable.
If anyone has a validly complaint, he should contact his supplier (a little circumstantial for those customers who bought the pumps in US!)to admit the claim. For sure he will be pleased by his supplier.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Laing GmbH
Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered
define 'short life'
i expect to have at least 2 years without motor death (specially suddenly death).
But most important is reliability. So i prefer that pump slowly start to rattle as a advertisement to pay attention on it.
Arivaldo is offline   Reply With Quote