Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 01-11-2004, 04:27 AM   #51
kusojiji
Cooling Neophyte

I'm OLD!!!
kusojiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2004, 04:33 AM   #52
kusojiji
Cooling Neophyte

Here's a pic of what I had before with the nb cooler. I'll get another up with it gone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fs020 water.jpg (63.9 KB, 91 views)
Unread 01-11-2004, 04:44 AM   #53
kusojiji
Cooling Neophyte

Here's without.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dsc02152.jpg (113.2 KB, 105 views)
Unread 01-11-2004, 05:28 PM   #54
Meethoss
Cooling Savant

Looking good. Are those flow meters actually useful/needed?
Unread 01-12-2004, 04:23 AM   #55
kusojiji
Cooling Neophyte

Nah, not really. Watching temps should be good enough. You can also feel the pump vibrating the case if you want to be sure it's still running. Besides, I can't really see the flow meter without having to take the panel off.
Unread 01-12-2004, 10:17 AM   #56
Meethoss
Cooling Savant

Heh. Ah, so you haven't got a window then? I've never had one before but I've ordered one along with my new case. Should be really cool with all the pipes and the dye and the cathodes
Unread 01-12-2004, 04:49 PM   #57
kusojiji
Cooling Neophyte

Yeah, not on this case. I have one in my other case, but I'm really not in to that kind of stuff. I like it to be more functional and clean than neat. I'm trying to find another place for my pump so that it is easier to get to the cards, but I don't want to sacrifice flow for it.
Unread 01-12-2004, 06:20 PM   #58
Meethoss
Cooling Savant

Yeah - I always thought it was odd but recently my opinion has changed and now I think it's pretty cool. In fact, my beige case is really starting to annoy me :P

BTW, I got an E-mail from Gary saying my pump left today and should be here in about 4 days! That's great - from the US! I've had worse from the UK :P Also, he sends his regards to everyone at Pro Cooling as he visits here often
Unread 01-13-2004, 01:22 AM   #59
kusojiji
Cooling Neophyte

Good doing business with him, eh? I swear the guy never sleeps!
Unread 01-13-2004, 11:00 AM   #60
Meethoss
Cooling Savant

Yeah. I asked a little about hit company and he runs it all himself. He says he tries to work 6/7 days of the week. Pretty dedicated. He said he finds that if he takes care of his customers then they appreciate it and use him more often and spread the word (I know I have!)

Oh, got the go-ahead from my dad to order the rest of my stuff. Since I've costed everything and sorted the shops I'll buy them from I will probably buy them tonight. Gotta see how much money is in my account in case I spend too much! :P
Unread 01-13-2004, 04:19 PM   #61
kusojiji
Cooling Neophyte

Alright! And let the fun begin!

I finally got my server down and will get the waterblocks installed on it. I'm only going to go with two MCW462s. Can't get the video card because all of the card slots are full and it won't fit. Doesn't need it though as it is only a geforce2 and not used for anything anyway. I just need to quiet the system down as cooling dual xeons are really noisy. I could almost hear a pin drop after shutting the system down!
Unread 01-13-2004, 06:43 PM   #62
Meethoss
Cooling Savant

Ooh, just got recommended a different site that will drop my costs by about £35 Been through most of it, just needs another quick look over tomorrow when I'm fresh and then I'll probably order it all!

Will have to borrow my mate's camera to take pics when it all comes!

What's the server for? This'll be my first watercooling experience I'm still at a loss to whether or not I should cool my NB. Will drop my costs but my dad is paying for most/all of it anyways :/ My main objective is to remove as many fans as possible (except an in, an out and an in for radiator).

::shrugs::
Unread 01-14-2004, 04:40 AM   #63
kusojiji
Cooling Neophyte

I'd get a good passive cooler for the northbridge if you need to cool it better. Zalman has a nice one. What kind of board are you using?

My server has my raid 5 array and is my ics and firewall. It also holds all the images of all the software that I use. That way, when I reload, all I need is to load winxp, connect to the server and start loading my applications. It is a lot faster than loading from cdrom. I have a gigabit lan structure at home.
Unread 01-14-2004, 04:43 AM   #64
kusojiji
Cooling Neophyte

Never mind. I went back to the first page and found out for myself. The MSI has an active heatsink on the northbridge. It is quiet and should be fine. I wouldn't touch it. I put my gigabyte fan back on mine.
Unread 01-14-2004, 05:32 AM   #65
Meethoss
Cooling Savant

Ooh fancy. Another reason I was thinking of replacing it is because it has a flashing fan which can be a bit annoying. Maybe there's a way to control it or something. I dunno. Maybe I'll just try without and see what it's like and if I change my mind later I can always add it
Unread 01-14-2004, 02:21 PM   #66
Meethoss
Cooling Savant

Ok, have finally ordered all my stuff now. Most of it should be here in the next few days but I've allowed some others a little longer to get certain stuff in. Should all be here by 23rd though, which is when my exams finish. Then I'll get it all together hopefully in that following week so it'll be ready to run by my birthday on 31st

As I said before, I'll borrow my mates digital camera and take pics of everything when I get it and put it together etc.
Unread 01-16-2004, 04:09 AM   #67
Meethoss
Cooling Savant

I received the pump and HyrdX from the US and my Danger Den 1/2" tubing, some UV dye and my fan grill today. Very impressed with it all. Should look cool when put together. Don't expect the other stuff till next week, but will keep you all updated.
Unread 01-16-2004, 06:40 AM   #68
kusojiji
Cooling Neophyte

Go!! Remember that pictures mean everything!!
Unread 01-16-2004, 12:16 PM   #69
Meethoss
Cooling Savant

Excellent - the rest will all be here at the start of next week. But my case has yet to appear (it says on Amazon 23rd the latest - I might E-mail them now!).
Unread 01-18-2004, 05:55 PM   #70
PooJou
Cooling Neophyte

Mate, if i were you i wouldn't bother routing seperate lines for the GPU and NB, UNLESS it's more convenient for you...

I was gonna say mount the heatercore like mine, but then i saw your hdd racks lol.. goodluck with this setup and welcome to watercooling
PCDB
Delta Goodrem is hot - http://dualxp.net/images/delta/

irc.oz.org #flora - full of erm... stuff :P
PooJou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2004, 05:03 AM   #71
Meethoss
Cooling Savant

Thanks mate. Actually I received the rest of my stuff on Saturday and today. All looks good, though I think I'll lap the blocks as they look a bit dull and not at all reflective like you see in the forums.

And MY GOD! I didn't realise how big the Heater Core actually is! I was quite relieved when I put it up against my current case (similar dimensions to my new one) to see that it actually WOULD fit :P

Gonna take my rad back to my mums later today so that her boyfriend can make me a shroud for it. Just gotta wait for my case to come and my exams to finish and then I'll start work on it - along with those pictures
Unread 01-21-2004, 06:20 AM   #72
kusojiji
Cooling Neophyte

someone said that tupperware makes a good shroud. Not sure which one. Either tupperware or glad.
Unread 01-21-2004, 06:46 AM   #73
Butcher
Thermophile

I prefer Al sheet for shrouds, it's fairly easy to work with and looks nice too.
Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2004, 10:51 AM   #74
Meethoss
Cooling Savant

My mums boyfriend gonna make a professional looking one for me from metal, prob aluminium
Unread 01-29-2004, 07:07 AM   #75
kusojiji
Cooling Neophyte

Well, we're waiting!!!!