Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 06-11-2004, 09:00 AM   #1
arterius
Cooling Neophyte

Default heatercore question

Hi guys,
shortly i will begin my new project and just want to check if everything is alright.I recently upgraded my water cooling setup and want to upgrade again.Currently I am using a heatercore (7x7 1/4x2") with two 120mm fans sucking air through it. A logical way to increase my cores performance was to increase the overall airflow.So i just got a couple of 8" rotor fans from ebay.Would it be useful to add more cores to my loop? I want to get my water temp as close to ambient temperature as it can be.What would you do to further increase my cooling performance?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by arterius; 06-11-2004 at 09:55 AM.
arterius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2004, 01:21 AM   #2
kizzap
Cooling Neophyte

the more cores that are in your system may help lower the water temperature but it is impossible to get water colder than what the ambient temperature is. So if your system is around the same as the ambient temp there is nothing else you can do
kizzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2004, 03:35 AM   #3
arterius
Cooling Neophyte

I understand everything you have said but I don't have a accurate way to compare my water temperature to my ambient temperature. Each of my fans pushes close to 330cfm and and creates more pressure than a normal axial fans because it is 7cm thick.I guess two of these cores with two of my fans would be enough to remove a heatload of 200 Watts and still keep the water temperarture close to my ambient temperature.
Btw what is an accurate and cheap way to measure your temperatures?
arterius is offline   Reply With Quote