Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 06-06-2004, 05:21 AM   #1
cougem
Cooling Savant

Default MCP600 and super coolants

Hi I was going to use this product as a corrosion inhibitor:

It's named 'Purple Ice Radiator Super Coolant' (details here: http://www.royalpurple.com/prodsa/prpice.html ) but as it's bright purple, I'm wondering if it's suitable as I know Swiftech warn you against using dyes in your system.
Should I go for another product, or is the colouring in this solution pretty harmless due to low concentrations/it's not a dye in that respect.
cougem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2004, 05:33 AM   #2
8-Ball
Cooling Savant

If you can get it, the swiftech HydrX coolant additive is supposed to be very good.

8-ball

READ ALL OF THIS!!!!
8-Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2004, 05:17 PM   #3
pauldenton
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball
If you can get it, the swiftech HydrX coolant additive is supposed to be very good.

8-ball
sadly there's no UK (where cougem and i are from) source for HydrX... since swiftech's only reseller doesn't stock it
pauldenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2004, 05:58 PM   #4
Meethoss
Cooling Savant

Get it from http://www.sidewindercomputers.com - tell him Steve sent ya I buy from Gary all the time (I'm in Cardiff). He's a great guy, does his best to fulfill your (ahem!) every need and shipping prices are MINISCULE! I paid £2.50 for my MCP600 Rev 2 impeller (free) the other week

When I bought the actual pump from him I think it was a fiver. That gives you some idea of the costs
Unread 06-06-2004, 06:03 PM   #5
cougem
Cooling Savant

Ahh yeh I've bought fans from them before, great place

-Shame it's sold out
Unread 06-08-2004, 12:52 AM   #6
Titan151
Cooling Savant

I wouldn't worry about it. I think the primary reason swifty puts that there is they know that many people add all kinds of strange things to cooling systems. Of course it would be nice to know the ingrediants of the mixture. Purple ice is a pretty common WC product for people these days. It should be OK to use. If you are really concerned I would email tec support at the link they give you as they have probally had this question asked before.
Titan151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2004, 06:42 AM   #7
cougem
Cooling Savant

Well I just e-mailed overclock.co.uk as they sell the Swiftech MCP600 so i thought they might be some help with getting hold of a 6002 block and HydrX, they said:

Quote:
Hi James,

Swiftech are currently out of stock of the 6002 blocks. We are awaiting a date back from Swiftech as too when they will arrive,

I will get some coolant added to our current order. Should be with us in 1 week,

Best regards
Pete
What nice guys
Unread 06-08-2004, 03:54 PM   #8
Meethoss
Cooling Savant

Ah yes. overclock.co.uk are very good! Just don't make the mistake of using overclockers.co.uk. Ever!
Unread 06-08-2004, 04:17 PM   #9
cougem
Cooling Savant

overclockers.co.uk aren't too bad if you've got a week to waste away sending repeated e-mail to them about your RMA.

After a week they gave up and sent me a new one even before they'd tested mine....