Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 09-14-2004, 05:56 PM   #1
nismo
Cooling Neophyte

Default Reservoir

Hello. I need some hint´s for my brand new watersystem .I have bought a Eheim 1250 pump but the reservoir gives me some headache. I wan´t to fit the pump inside a reservoir ( havn´t bought one yet) so, does anyone know how i can build or buy one? :shrug:
nismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2004, 06:19 PM   #2
MadHacker
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo
Hello. I need some hint´s for my brand new watersystem .I have bought a Eheim 1250 pump but the reservoir gives me some headache. I wan´t to fit the pump inside a reservoir ( havn´t bought one yet) so, does anyone know how i can build or buy one? :shrug:
I have seen some people use rubbermaid containers...
how leet do you want it to look?
Unread 09-15-2004, 03:44 AM   #3
nismo
Cooling Neophyte

I want it to look professional, If i use plexiglas/lexan is there some special glue i should use or can it be glued with silicon ? I have spent much money now so i don´t want to have a reservoir that look rubbish.
Unread 09-15-2004, 02:10 PM   #4
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

Weld-on #4.
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2004, 12:02 AM   #5
plasman
Cooling Neophyte

gonna need some corner clamps and previous experience as well. If ur new at that i suggest making some kind of smaller plexiglass box first to learn. maybe make a clear electronics box for something, thats what it did. it turned out shitty so i decided to just buy a resovoir.

out...

www.plasman.org
plasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2004, 01:39 AM   #6
JWFokker
Cooling Savant

Here's a couple made specifically for the Eheim 1250 that mount directly onto the inlet of the pump, which actually provides better flow rates than a standard setup.

http://www.sharkacorp.com/Merchant2/...egory_Code=res
http://www.sharkacorp.com/Merchant2/...egory_Code=res

The Tank-o-Matic is quite nice actually. I with there were some way to use it with my Mag 3. The other one looks like it came right off a fishtank.

Last edited by JWFokker; 09-21-2004 at 01:45 AM.
JWFokker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2004, 12:00 PM   #7
bobkoure
Cooling Savant

I don't know that those work with the 1250 - just the 1046, 1048, and HPPS.
I also don't know the internal passageway size of the tank-o-matic models, but I do know that the agb-o-matic essentially leaves the inlet of your pump in the center of a good sized cylinder (i.e. not at all restrictive - probably as good as submerging the pump in a reservoir).
Finally, innovatek products come with very restrictive compression fittings. These are threaded 1/4"BSP - you can get 1/4"BSP to 1/2" ID tubing adapters at mcmaster-carr (they're made by Eldon-James, probably available elsewhere, too).

You might think of building your own reservoir, using this same general idea, rather than trying to submerge the pump (the 1250 is pretty big, so a res that fits it is going to be yet bigger).
I'm pretty sure the 1250 inlet is 1/2"BSP - it's be pretty neat if you could find a bulkhead fitting that actually used 1/2"BSP as then all you'd have to do is drill a hole in an appropriately-sized bottle and fasten. You could put a hole in a bottle or PVC pipe fitting (see usplastic.com for an array of bottles, labware and bulkhead fittings) and drill a hole the exact same size as the 1250 inlet snout (note that this piece is a cheap replacement to you're not destroying your pump if you use something like silicone seal or goop to fasten it. OR you could use a bulkhead fitting to a large enough tubing size that the tubing would fit over the outside of the inlet snout.
Guess that's it...
bobkoure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2004, 07:52 PM   #8
JWFokker
Cooling Savant

Ah. A good point. I just checked the Innovatek site and it is for 1046/1048's only. Sorry about that.
Unread 09-21-2004, 10:17 PM   #9
SnowRider
Cooling Neophyte

I know you said you wanted your pump submerged and for that I can't offer any advice but if you don't have to have your pump submerged here's a res that I plan on getting that looks very nice. They basically look like the Tank-O-Matic's but have much better flow. The company just recently setup this english version of their site http://www.cstec.biz/en/ so that us english speaking peeps could get info on them since they are based in Taiwan and their main site is in Taiwanese here. I'd suggest you read these threads over at the overclockers forums (where I found out about these) to get some more info about these reservoirs if you're interested....

This thread was started by a guy with an eheim 1250.

This guy has a laing d4 and custom designed his res from the same company. It's like a like a tank-o-matic with the flow design of a t-line sort of. He said that this one cost him $20 . This is the design I plan on buying.

The guy in the first thread says that you can buy attachments so the res will fit on a L40,L30,Mag3 & 1260 and I think they have attachments for the 1048, D4 and MCP600 as well.
SnowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2004, 01:49 AM   #10
JWFokker
Cooling Savant

^^^^ That's the exact one I was thinking of!

It works with the 1250 by design, but I didn't see any attachments for a Mag 3, which was quite disappointing.
Unread 09-22-2004, 03:14 AM   #11
SnowRider
Cooling Neophyte

Because this is similar to another question someone asked in a different post regarding these res's, I'll just slightly edit my response post for you

"Going to this Colorstone webpage (the manufacturer) I was able to pick out these english words: L40, L30, MAG3, 1260, 1250, 1048, D4, MCP600. So this means they might have adapter's for all these pumps but not knowing Taiwanese I can't be sure of this. If you're thinking of getting one I think you should check out the english version of their site they recently made for contact options on how to get one and tell them what kind of pump you have and if it's compatible with your res."

Let us know if it's compatible if you find out
SnowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2004, 05:56 PM   #12
nismo
Cooling Neophyte

Default Thanks Everyone For Help

I JUST WANT TO THANK EVERYONE FOR ADVICE AND HINTS.
I think i will connect the pump directly into some large pipe that will do it , i hope.
If i can find some clear pipe so that the UV light will be visual.

nismo