Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 09-23-2004, 06:58 PM   #1
BubbaJudge
Cooling Neophyte

Default Swiftech H20-80-64 + MCB-120Radbox: Routing differences for upside down mobo?

I am new to WC and have been taking a crash course reading the forums and am grateful for the knowledge you guys have provided and I was hoping I could get some hints on how best to route my first system using the H20-80-64 and MCB-120. I apologize if this is old hat and posted before but I need to quickly make some buying decisions, and hence my first post.

I bought the H20-80 thinking I wanted to start simple by only cooling the cpu, then move on to cooling my gpu and nb later. After reading the setup instructions, and the fact that my X800XT already runs hot and my new DFI board supposedly does too, I realize now it would probably best to do them all at once. I then felt I would need the additional MCB-120 to acommodate the MCW50 and the MCW20. I am deciding to use the MCR80-F2 since I cant send it back because I bought it from newegg as a kit and I figured it would be better to use than leave sitting.

To throw a twist in this situation I am using a logisys clear case that I modded to an upside down mobo position because I am running a PC Power & Cooling 510 deluxe and I can better support this heavy PS with it sitting on the bottom of the case, and I also just always wanted to run an upside down mobo.

my questions are, is the MCB120 + MCR80-F2 overkill? Do I need to route differently since the cpu is residing on the bottom? Will the required upside down mounting of the MCB120 cause problems, or should I just use more tubing to route to the pci slot that will now sit above the radbox?

I saw this picture at Swiftech and I see the rads are running in parallel so I will need an additional 2 y-connectors, correct?

If could get some advice on proper routing of all this and any idea if I will need additional tubing and connectors it would be greatly appreciated as I want to order all the blocks and radbox ASAP from Swiftech.

Or tell me that this is all overkill and I should stick with the basic setup, and I willl quietly go back to lurking and start building

my wants out of all this is to rid my life of Vantec Tornadoes while being able to moderately overclock the dfi nf3.

thanks much for any advice
BubbaJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2004, 07:18 PM   #2
BillA
CoolingWorks Tech Guy
Formerly "Unregistered"

if you have the MCR80, the MCR120 will be an effective 'add on'
the orientation is not important - except for bleeding which can be a chore with inverted components
plumb the system for convenience, gentle bends where possible, Coolsleeves where not
the routing is no big deal (except to the obsessed here, lol)
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2004, 09:28 PM   #3
BubbaJudge
Cooling Neophyte

Good to hear, thanks Bill for responding, and for the info.

I will work on getting it installed without smoking everything, and let my OCD creep in later
BubbaJudge is offline   Reply With Quote