Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff All those random tech ramblings you can't fit anywhere else!

Unread 10-28-2005, 11:36 PM   #1
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Default What is your idea of Pro-Cooling?

I am just curious to understand what your idea of Pro Cooling is.

IMO Professional Cooling is picking a computer system to build and then designed a cooling solution for it that will cover your needs and perform as designed. IMO Pro-Cooling can be air, water, TEC, passive or whatever else cools the system. Also just cooling the CPU IMO is not PRO. A professionally designed cooling system incorporates the entire PC from the CPU to the mosfets to the chipset. Everything in order to keep the computer running flawlessly and the way you want/expect it to.

A professional design includes taking data from as reliable information as you can get and then building the system from that data to meet your goal.

Now my thoughts on what I thought this site was focused on.

I thought it was focused on creating the information about cooling products and techniques to allow the readers to design and implement a professionally cooled PC.

I see people that seem to think PRO means EXTREME. Extreme cooling IMO means stuff people probably shouldn't do. Like liquid nitrogen and sub zero TEC cooling. Stuff that creates a real issue of stability and reliability but gives bursts of extremely cold temps for whatever reason.

Just courious to hear your thoughts on what you think Pro-Cooling is and what you think this site is about and your thoughts on extreme cooling and what it is.

EDIT/P.S.: At this point I really have no idea what this site is focused on. Just posting my personal opinion speaking for myself.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 02:41 AM   #2
Ls7corvete
Cooling Savant

IMHO, procooling is not cooling better, simply understanding cooling better.
Ls7corvete is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 08:13 AM   #3
BillA
CoolingWorks Tech Guy
Formerly "Unregistered"

procooling is a resource that helps me define questions, sort ideas, and gain access to expertise beyond mine

I also blow off steam (??) here
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 09:45 AM   #4
Cyco-Dude
Cooling Savant

what exactly does "IMO" and "IMHO" really mean? i think the online world is getting a little out of control with these acronyms.

what is pro-cooling? simple answer - it (the website) is a resource i use to help me understand and implement a particular cooling solution based on my needs and wants (mostly wants ). in my case, a watercooled system that fit neatly inside my full tower.
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 10:12 AM   #5
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

IMO = Im My Opinion IMHO = Im My Honest Opinion or In My Humble Opinion. I seen IMHO used both ways but both are the same in the end.
Unread 10-29-2005, 11:30 AM   #6
Cyco-Dude
Cooling Savant

no kidding? i thought it was a screwed up version of LMAO (laugh my ass off). heh.
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 11:52 AM   #7
Hansfragger
Cooling Savant

I use ProCooling to share information and experience. As I am an end-user without any sophisticated flow measurement equipment, I contribute my observations of my projects with photos and any info my end-user type measuring equipment can provide. There is something for everyone here from a beginning newbie, through experienced hobbyist all the way to the top "Master" professionals making money. I am as thankful for detailed, technical instructions as for a simple picture of something new that somebody tried and shared their experiences. And last but certainly not least, how much less enjoyable would things be without our resident "verbal big time wrestlers" spicing things up?
PC P&C 750, ASUS DVD R/RW,
Velociraptor 300, Raptor 74,
Storm rev2, modified Laing DDC,
modified HL BI2 Extreme, 7/16 ID Tygon,
modified DD res, PC ICE, TT liquid temp monitor
Hansfragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 10:36 PM   #8
pHaestus
Big Player
Making Big Money

Procooling is like the low cost long term parking at the airport. But for water coolers
Unread 10-29-2005, 10:43 PM   #9
Bloody_Sorcerer
Cooling Neophyte

procooling is like a firehouse. run out and fight the flames. Oh wait, we usually start the flames. Procooling is like a group of arsonists or something then.
Bloody_Sorcerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 10:44 PM   #10
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pHaestus
Procooling is like the low cost long term parking at the airport. But for water coolers
I am glad I don't travel anymore. That parking was going up a $1 every 3 months here.

Anyway your WoW time card run out?