Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 07-31-2007, 05:02 AM   #1
bluewire
Cooling Neophyte

Default Help!!!

HELP ME PLEASE!!!

I installed the Gigabyte 3d galaxy II water cooling kit, i followed the instructions, but i don't see any liquid in the CPU!!!

What's wrong ? What did i do wrong ?

-Andy
bluewire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2007, 06:39 AM   #2
billbartuska
Cooling Savant

Default Re: Help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewire
...I don't see any liquid in the CPU!!!
I don't think it would be good to have liquid in your CPU.

If you mean that the waterblock on the CPU has no water flowing through it, then that is a problem.

Check that you dont have any of the tubes kinked.

You most likely have air trapped in the watercooling loop. You have to perform a procedure called "bleeding". This involves tipping, tilting, shaking, etc. the computer while turning the pump on and off. This will free the air pockets that are trapped in various parts of the system so the water can start to push the trapped air through the tubing to the reservoir where it will be captured and not allowed to flow back into the loop. You may have to add more water from time to time to replace the trapped air that the Rez removes.
Two Opticals and 120 gigs (w/28gigs in RAID0) on 4 Maxstors
billbartuska is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2007, 07:14 AM   #3
bluewire
Cooling Neophyte

Tell me something,

I have to see the liquid flowing or i have to see it just staying there stable ?

Cause i noticed that when i turn upside down the pump the it starts sending liquid into the CPU block and it's coming out of the other way, but i CAN'T see the liquid in the CPU block ( where it's engraved so i can see the liquid staying there ) i only see the liquid from one hose that enters to the other that exits.Is that normal ?

Thanks,

-Andy
bluewire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2007, 09:39 AM   #4
billbartuska
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewire
Tell me something,

I have to see the liquid flowing or i have to see it just staying there stable ?
Yes, the water has to be flowing whenever the computer is on. It's the flowing water that picks up the heat from the CPU and carries it to the radiator where the fans remove it. Then the water travels back to the CPU to pick up some more heat again. It's the pump that keeps the water traveling around the loop.

As you keep shaking and tilting, eventually enough air will come out (and enough water will be added) so that the pump can keep the water flowing all the time. When a large air bubble hits the pump it may stop pumping. just shut off the pump for a few seconds while the air bubble rises up to the reservoir. then start it again. Hopefully, you're doing all the "bleeding" with the computer off!

Is the outlet of the reservoir (where the water exits) lower than the inlet? If it isn't the air will just get sucked back into the loop.
Did you put "thermal paste" between the CPU and the waterblock?
Two Opticals and 120 gigs (w/28gigs in RAID0) on 4 Maxstors

Last edited by billbartuska; 07-31-2007 at 09:54 AM.
billbartuska is offline   Reply With Quote