Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > Snap Server / NAS / Storage Technical Goodies
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Snap Server / NAS / Storage Technical Goodies The Home for Snap Server Hacking, Storage and NAS info. And NAS / Snap Classifides

Unread 08-26-2007, 10:28 AM   #1
Drewcifer
Cooling Neophyte

Default Snap Server 4400

Greetings. I have recently received a used Snap Server 4400 in my shop from a medical company that no longer had a use for it. I am trying to see if I can get it up and running for my purposes. However, there have been a few snags.

1) I cannot see/find the server using the manager program from the Adaptec site.
2) I cannot find the reset button. It is said to be a white button to the left of the black power button inside. I cannot find such a button.
3) Everything seems to boot fine as far as I can tell.
4) I cannot connect to the server using 10.10.10.10.
5) I have downloaded every program except Guardian OS from the Adaptec site.
6) I have not yet connected the drives to another system to check if there's even anything on them. I'm about to do that today.
7) Am I correct in assuming that I will have to contact Adaptec and order some sort of a new lease for the software or something?

Any and all assistance is appreciated.

Drew Vedbraaten
First Aid Computing
"We breathe new life into old systems!"
Drewcifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2007, 12:21 PM   #2
blue68f100
Thermophile

Default Re: Snap Server 4400

The snap server manager should locate the 4400 if it booted corectly. Connect a null modem cable to the com port 115.2k N81 I think, (for 4500 not sure on a 4400). And keyboard. This will allow you to monitor the boot process using windows terminal. Make sure you connected to LAN1.

OS is located on the drives.

The LED's on the front should indicate if it booted corectly. If it was setup for pboot, need to use terminal to change. The reset is behind the front bezel but only works if the server is up and running. If you remove one drive and look at it with a Linux machine you will see partitions, Guardian OS in running on redhat.

Link to SnapOS FAQ's http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=13820
blue68f100 is offline   Reply With Quote