Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > Snap Server / NAS / Storage Technical Goodies
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Snap Server / NAS / Storage Technical Goodies The Home for Snap Server Hacking, Storage and NAS info. And NAS / Snap Classifides

Unread 06-14-2009, 02:51 PM   #1
gmanaris
Cooling Neophyte

Snap Server 2000 (Meridian) drives not available.

Yesterday my Snap Server was not responding. Folder seemed to have vanished. Check machine thru website and 1 drive appreared offline. I check the unit and the system light was blinking 4x very fast, no other lights were on. Once I rebooted the device all seemed fine, both drives were back online.

Same thing occured today, but both drives were not available. Rebooted but did not help. When I check the drive status it says no drives installed.

I am guessing the motherboard is failing, or partially failed.

Anything I can do?

Where can I get a new motherboard?

Greg
gmanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2009, 05:53 PM   #2
bitor
Cooling Savant

Default Re: Snap Server 2000 (Meridian) drives not available.

Gmanaris, sounds like you may need to run Spinrite to check the hard drive's heath and correct anything etc. It could be going bad. BACK UP your information while you have access to the snap server.

bitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanaris View Post
Yesterday my Snap Server was not responding. Folder seemed to have vanished. Check machine thru website and 1 drive appreared offline. I check the unit and the system light was blinking 4x very fast, no other lights were on. Once I rebooted the device all seemed fine, both drives were back online.

Same thing occured today, but both drives were not available. Rebooted but did not help. When I check the drive status it says no drives installed.

I am guessing the motherboard is failing, or partially failed.

Anything I can do?

Where can I get a new motherboard?

Greg
bitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2009, 09:34 PM   #3
blue68f100
Thermophile

Default Re: Snap Server 2000 (Meridian) drives not available.

Make sure the cooling fan has not failed. Open the unit and do some forced cooling. Turn the unit off and allow every thing to cool over night, you may be able to recover your data. Remember the unit will start a check disk to check for errors, so be paitient.

SpinRite is the only utility to use on the SnapOS HD's. This software does not try to inturpet data, works on the controller data. It can fix a lot of HD problems.

If your HD's are over 90% full you will also have problems.

As far as parts eBay and http://www.northwesttechnical.com/ has some parts. I would take the opertunity to upgrade, once the data is recovered, at least to a 2200.

Link to SnapOS FAQ's http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=13820
blue68f100 is offline   Reply With Quote