Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 05-19-2006, 09:39 PM   #1
TaTs
Cooling Neophyte

Default Problem with CSP Mag

Hello guys,
I made a very foolish thing last year and bought 2 CSP Mags from DTek.
To make a long story short one of them started rattling like crazy while the other just won't start.
I disassembled the noisy one and found out that the rattling came from the impeller, the magnet inside it was completely loose. I applied a small amount of silicone to it and attached it to the impeller again. It appears to be working now, at least it's running while I type this.
The big problem is the other one. I would like to ask if someone has any ideas. After disassembling it completely (I even removed the back plate to test the cable for contact) I realized it works but only if I start moving the impeller first. Comparing it to the other one, it seems the magnet is too strong and the pump can't start by itself just with a power up. If I move the impeller manually or if I shake the pump it starts working. I even tried using a different power supply with 13.5V to see if it would start but no luck.
So are there any options for me or should I just throw it away? Return it back is not an option since I live in Brazil and it already costed me a small fortune to get these pumps here because of taxes. Just imagine sending it back for repair

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
_______
TaTs
TaTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2006, 12:45 PM   #2
JamesAvery22
Cooling Savant

Default Re: Problem with CSP Mag

Have to ask. You didn't run either of the pumps dry did you?
Unread 05-22-2006, 01:06 PM   #3
TaTs
Cooling Neophyte

No, I figured out one of them wasn't working only after everything was connected and the whole system was filled with water.
Of course after the pump didn't start I opened it and that's when I realized that moving the impeller manually would get it started.

______
TaTs
TaTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2006, 03:37 PM   #4
flatline
Cooling Savant

hi

there was an mistake with some csystems mag pumps some time ago (il find the link)

http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=12556

there some pumps got out without being filled with sealant may i sugest pming "Dave" with the date you ordered your pumps / there serial numbers?

good look with your rig
keep us updated ya?

Flatline