Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 01-15-2003, 12:22 AM   #1
agentq232
Cooling Neophyte

Default so, who's on top nowadays?

well who is? I looked at wc last year and almost bought stuff, but funds held me back. Who is on top in terms of performance now? Any new products that are great? Im thinking of watercooling again and I think this would make a decent system.

Maze 3 1/2" fittings
Heatercore
Custom acrylic res
1/2" tygon
eheim 1048
and 2 120mm fans for the rad

Any gpu blocks for my 9500 pro out yet?

Suggestions? I was hoping for an out of case solution, because mine is basically cramped full now (3 hdd's, live drive, 2 optical drive, floppy etc). I was thinking like a small case (or like metal box similar to an exos idea) to hold all this stuff I could mod and fit it all in.

Thanks!
agentq232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2003, 12:23 AM   #2
agentq232
Cooling Neophyte

Also I was hoping this could be a semi permenant solution as the computer will be staying when I leave for college in ~6 months (Going off to West Point, can't bring my own stuff )
agentq232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2003, 08:19 PM   #3
Blackeagle
Thermophile

The Danger Den will have a Gfx block.

The hot block is Cathar's White Water block for CPU, and he's working on a Gfx block as well, but I havn't heard if he's brought it out yet. The WW uses micro channels and leaves all others in the dust.

A outside case set up would allow a bigger pump real easy.

Last edited by Blackeagle; 01-15-2003 at 08:41 PM.
Blackeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2003, 02:19 AM   #4
gmat
Thermophile

And in the realm of commercial blocks, for CPU -> the D-Tek TC-4 and Innovatek Rev.4 both are on top
and for GPU & NB -> since no performance test has ever been done, i'll go with 'looks & practical' factor, DangerDen (US) and Aquacomputer (EU) have great products.
gmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2003, 12:53 AM   #5
DJ-Quack
Cooling Neophyte

I'll have to vouch for the TC-4. I got one a week or two ago, it pwns . As for 9700 pro blocks, any ol' Geforce 3 block will fit (so long as you remove the shim, or machine the block around the shim's area). I'd go with the MCW-50T. It's not anything totally nuts, just an 80w peltier and block. You might need to get the barbs that take 1/2" ID tubing, since the quick connect things only take 1/2" OD.

Let me also recommend Clearflex tubing. I had my doubts about it, but I really really doubt tygon is worth another dollar or so per foot more. I got 12 feet of clearflex for $18 and it's very flexible and sturdy at the same time.
Western Digital SE 80gb
16x Creative DVD-ROM
48x/12x/48x Lite On CD-RW
Windows 2000 professional
w00t
DJ-Quack is offline   Reply With Quote