Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 10-10-2001, 08:02 AM   #1
Komic
Cooling Neophyte

Default The depths of obscurity here I come...

I was wondering if anyone had seen or knows anything performance-wise about the low pressure drop mod for the Black Ice from OCWC? If not, oh well, may this topic drop into the depths of obscurity...
Komic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2001, 02:32 PM   #2
Kevin
Slacking more than your weird uncle

hehe I don't know what that mod is. I should go check it out .
-Kev
"the depths of obscurity" haha it would probably have less of a chance of going there if you titled the topic about the black ice!
Unread 10-11-2001, 10:58 AM   #3
Waterboy
Cooling Neophyte

I'm new to this place and new to watercooling. Since I'm interested in the Blackice rad. I'm also interested in learning if the pressure mod to the Blackice, provide enough improvements worth noting. I'd sure hate like all get out, buy it with the mod to learn it wasn't worth it.
Thanks.

I have other watercooling questions, but I'm gonna browse through and do some reading first.
Waterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2001, 01:27 PM   #4
Kevin

Well Komic, I talked to Chip and he gave me this link which perfectly answers your question... NEVER underestimate the Pro/Forums! http://chipware.dynip.com/More_About_Mods.html
Unread 10-11-2001, 02:35 PM   #5
Waterboy
Cooling Neophyte

I can't speak for others, but I was looking more for a "user" input/feedback.
Someone that knows first hand by having it running in their rig.
I'm surprised(based on what I've read)how most people were anticipating the arrival of the Blackice and haven't yet got one.
You'd think people would be posting their experience with the Blackice rad.
Unread 10-11-2001, 03:24 PM   #6
Kevin

Waterboy, what do you mean by user experience? It is just a slightly better performing Black Ice... I doubt anyone has both and is doing a comparison. That describes the mod and how it works. And actually a lot of people have the black ice radiator and have posted their experiences with it. The only thing that is keeping many away from it is its high price in comparison w/ some others.
-Kev
Unread 10-11-2001, 08:19 PM   #7
Waterboy
Cooling Neophyte

Sorry Kevin, I didn't mean to come across in a negative or condasending tone.
Yes, your right the Blackice itself without the mod is salty.
And thats what I was trying to get at.
Someone who bought it and could say first hand the mod provided enough of a performance gain to justify the cost.
Unread 10-12-2001, 12:11 AM   #8
Komic
Cooling Neophyte

Thanks all for replies...

I had already seen the link you pointed too, and was looking for something kinda in the same direction as Waterboy...

Still, nice to see a forum where site runners participate, and actually answer stuff... =]
Komic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2001, 05:17 AM   #9
Kevin

Quote:
Originally posted by Waterboy:
Sorry Kevin, I didn't mean to come across in a negative or condasending tone.
Oh no no no... Forgive me for coming back a bit too strong . Well ya never know. Joe is pretty crazy w/ them roundups. Maybe in the next radiator roundup, he could compare the two. I really don't have the resources to do something like that.
Quote:
Originally posted by Komic:

Still, nice to see a forum where site runners participate, and actually answer stuff... =]
Haha Amen to that!
-Kev

[ 10-12-2001: Message edited by: Kevin ]