Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 06-05-2001, 08:51 PM   #1
Jake
Cooling Neophyte

Default Danner Mag Drive pumps...

Hey Joe (or anyone else?),
I read about your only down side to the Danner Mag Drive Pumps being that the inlet housing seems to crack. Well mine hasn't cracked (I even used two wrenches to put the damn fittings in!) but it is barely dribbling in the corner by the screws.
My question is how did you fix it?
RTV silicone, marine goop? Or do I have to take the whole damn thing apart and put a new seal in or something?

Thanks
Jake

Should be watercooled but I am too lazy
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2001, 11:31 AM   #2
melvyn
Cooling Neophyte

My Magdrive leaked there too. To seal it up take the impeller housing off, put a thin bead of silicone around the existing 'O' ring, and screw the impeller housing back on, cleaning any excess silicone that squeezes out.

Presto! One sealed pump. The downside of this is getting the impeller housing off if (when?) it starts to leak is a right pain in the ass, as silicone is a very good adhesive.
melvyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2001, 05:42 PM   #3
Jake
Cooling Neophyte

Damn, that means i gotta drain the damn thing. At least I didn't put it in my case yet.

Should be watercooled but I am too lazy
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote