Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 06-02-2004, 04:25 PM   #1
coolroyboy2
Cooling Neophyte

Default C Systems CSP750, Have you received yours yet ?

I ordered one on 5-22-04 and I'm still waiting , does shipping from Canada always take so long ?
coolroyboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2004, 04:34 PM   #2
killernoodle
Thermophile

I assume so. Customs is probably ripping open your box right now trying to figure out what the hell the little things are
Unread 06-02-2004, 04:43 PM   #3
pHaestus
Big Player
Making Big Money

Shipping to or from Canada can take a long time depending upon the method. I start to get nervous after about 2 weeks.
Unread 06-02-2004, 04:50 PM   #4
BalefireX
Cooling Savant

According to their site, assuming your order got in before the 23rd of May, it should have shipped on the 25th, and as pH said, it could take 2 weeks or so to get through customs and to the US. If it got in after the 23rd, they're estimating a 3-5 week wait for stock
Unread 06-03-2004, 05:23 AM   #5
coolroyboy2
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
2 weeks
, thats what I wanted to know.
Unread 06-03-2004, 10:16 AM   #6
AngryAlpaca
Cooling Savant

Yeah wasn't the guy out of pumps?
AngryAlpaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2004, 04:49 PM   #7
MDaniel
Cooling Neophyte

Weird, I ordered mine AFTER the deadline and yet it arrived today. Won't have time to install it until maybe later this weekend or so. That, or I might wait until I switch platforms. It is small though. I might test it in a closed loop with just some water, pump and tubing to see how quiet it is and to see how good the pressure is.

Edited:

Ok, I haven't set it up, and it will probably be a few days before I do...as I'm not in the mood to listening to the wife complain anymore about my computer tinkering. But a few unprofessional observations on it. This thing is SMALL. Think of one of those lettered blocks that infants play with and that is about the size of the pump, minus the barbs. The size is AMAZING. The barbs went on easily enough and the DC power cord is nicely shrink wrapped. HOWEVER, I was not impressed one bit with three things regarding the pump. One, none of the screws that secure the casing together were very secure and one wasn't even finger tightened. Two, one of the four screws that holds the casing together was rusted below the allen wrench top. That is just poor quality assurance in my opinion. The idea of sending out a brand new product to a customer that has rust on it is very poor...especially since it is designed to work with water. Three, the 1/2' barbs are slightly less than 3/8 ID (but they do recommend 3/8 ID tubing). And what is worse than that is that the diameter of the exhaust port in the pump...without the barb. The exhaust port is threaded to accept the 1/2" barb, but then the bottom of the port is not hollowed all the way through to the same diameter. Do to the compact design, the exhaust opening is less than 3/8 and appears to be around 5/16" or so. I'm no expert, but I don't see how this will allow the full use of even a 3/8" ID system, as the water is already being forced through a smaller opening. It would appear that if they modified the impellar chamber, that they would be able to bore the exhaust port to equal distance throughout the port...instead of having a resticted base at the port. The present design of the pump would prohibit this. The intake port is bored equal all the way through.

I'll leave it up to actual perforance compared to my Hydor L25 to set my final thoughts on this pump. The DC factor is no big deal, as my Hydor is attached to a Criticool 2. I was mainly interested in 1) the size, 2) the noise level and 3) the head pressure. I didn't think I would have to question workmanship of a product before I even hooked it up though.

Maybe I was just sent the same "underwater tested" pump that one of the reviewers received and commented about.

Stay tuned...

Edited: (approx 30 minutes later)

I just received and email from the support staff at C-Systems regarding my email to them regarding the rust issue. I was advised that to meet the high demand, they were forced to use a local supplier for the housing screws, and that they had already become aware of the rust issue. The supplier issue has been corrected and they volunteered to mail me four replacement stainless steel screws w/o me requesting such action. I wanted to see if they would offer to correct the issue on their own, which they did in both a professional and prompt manner. Very impressive. I would advise everyone who receive a pump to check the screws for rust, and if any is present, to notify C-Systems of the issue so that they can correct it.

That pretty much only leaves my conscern about the restricted opening on the exhaust port, but I wont be able to test it until after I have received the replacement screws, as I hate having to keep breaking down my system and setting it back up.

Last edited by MDaniel; 06-03-2004 at 06:11 PM.
MDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2004, 02:52 PM   #8
coolroyboy2
Cooling Neophyte

I now have my pump and its all hooked up and I'm leak testing. Also my screws are not rusty but I did notice the outlet opening being a little smaller than the ID of the fitting, there might be a reason for this ? I don't know.
FYI this pump makes no noise when mounted with Velcro instead of the double stick tape provided.
Unread 06-04-2004, 03:53 PM   #9
qbert95
Cooling Neophyte

Did you also order the mounting bracket for the 2 pumps? If so can you comment on the build quality of it.
qbert95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2004, 06:15 PM   #10
coolroyboy2
Cooling Neophyte

I only got a single pump.
Unread 06-04-2004, 08:13 PM   #11
Kbofwy
Cooling Neophyte

I received my pump in the mail today. It's so small you could hide this pump in any system. So far, I've only ran a 1/2" tube in a loop with a bubble trap so I could listen to it. It's very quiet.
Kbofwy is offline   Reply With Quote